NAMI Connections is a free, confidential, bi-weekly recovery support group for adults living with mental illnesses in which people learn from each others’ experiences, share coping strategies, and offer each other encouragement and understanding. The group encourages empathy, productive discussion and a sense of community.
You will gain...
HELP in a unique, structured setting that ensures you and others in the group have a chance to be heard and get what you need.
INSIGHT from hearing the challenges and successes of others as well as the NAMI-trained facilitators who've been there.
HOPE and develop relationships by sharing your experiences in a safe and confidential setting.
NAMI Connection Recovery Support Group will help you:
- See the individual first, not the illness
- Recognize that mental illnesses are medical illnesses that may have environmental triggers
- Understand that mental illnesses are traumatic events
- Aim for better coping skills
- Find strength in sharing experiences
- Reject stigma and not tolerate discrimination
- Not judge anyone’s pain
- Forgive ourselves and reject guilt
- Embrace humor as healthy
- Accept that we cannot solve every problem
- Work for a better future in a realistic way
What People are Saying
Find your local NAMI Connections Recovery
Presence St. Joseph's Hospital 333 N. Madison Street, 2nd Floor LDRP Classroom - Joliet, IL
6:00-7:30pm, 1st and 3rd Sundays
November 5 & 19
December 3 & 17
January 7 & 21
February 4 & 18